Did you know that it is mandatory for Service Members to attend a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) workshop, per MCO 1754.10B? PCS workshops are offered at every installation by the Information, Referral and Relocation (IR&R) program. Spouses are highly encouraged to attend with their Marine.
During the workshop subject matter experts will provide information on:
- Household goods allowances
- Housing at your gaining installation
- How to calculate what personal costs you will incur, and which expenses can be charged to your Government travel card
- School Liaison Office resources
- Spouse employment resources
- How a sponsor can assist you
- Information on moving with pets
- Information about Lending Locker availability
- Program information and point of contact (POC) lists for your gaining installation
- ‘Must Know’ lists for moving overseas
In addition, your IR&R specialist will connect you to online resources to help your PCS go smoothly.
Not moving to a Marine Corps installation? Your IR&R specialist can provide you with sister service resources and POC information.
Currently on a sister service installation? PCS workshops are offered by all relocation offices regardless of the branch of service. If you are stationed remotely, you can call MARFORRES at 866-305-9058 for relocation as well as IR&R services.
You are not alone in your move! If you’re not sure where to start, contact your installation’s Information, Referral, and Relocation office with questions.