The mission of the MCLB Family Advocacy Program (FAP) is to promote healthy military family development through the prevention, identification, and treatment of intimate partner violence, child abuse, and neglect. The program stresses early intervention and education to protect victims and increase family competencies. Prevention and education services are designed to prevent child abuse, domestic violence, and problematic sexual behavior in children and youth by:
- Improving family and individual functioning
- Easing stressors that can aggravate or trigger patterns of abusive behavior.
- Creating a community and command awareness of abuse
- Delivering specific education programs
Our program provides community-wide education and awareness of situations that could contribute to family violence using strategies that focus on teaching skills to improve protective factors and enhance strengths. Although our program specializes in preventing family abuse, a wide variety of families and individuals can benefit from our educational offerings. Services are available to eligible beneficiaries (those eligible for treatment in military treatment facilities).
Prepare your command for their optimum success and schedule a class today. All classes can be modified to fit your time restrictions.
- Anger Management for the 21st Century
- Anger Management for Adolescents
- Stress Management
- Positive Parenting for Infants to 12 years
- Positive Parenting for 12 - 17 years
- Within My Reach: Pre-Marital Concepts
- Got Your Back Workshop
- Warrior Maintenance: Stress Management for Marines & Families/
If there are classes or briefs that you are interested in but are not listed, please let us know. For more information regarding classes or briefs, please call our Prevention & Education Specialist.